Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  upgrade to 11.0.6 MP1 "failed" Issues

Posted Nov 08, 2010 10:33 AM

I'm trying to upgrade from 11.0.5002.33 to the newest version 11.0.6 MP1.

I followed the upgrade instruction to upgrade to 11.0.6a and all went well, or so it seems, I didn't received any error messages and I was able to setup a small group of test clients. One client updated right away, while I was waiting on 3 others.

As the 11.0.6a went well I thought I'd upgrade to MP1 before updating any more clients so I wouldn't have to worry about doing it again later.

I followed the same steps to upgrade as I did for 11.0.6A but I seemed to have either done something wrong or I have a hiccup somewhere. Here's what I've got.

SEPM is running on a Windows 2000 server, with most clients running WinXP pro SP3. Windows ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS says I have SEPM 11.0.6100.645 installed. My client that updated shows it has 11.0.6005.562 installed.

When trying to log on to the control panel I get this message;

"ERROR - you cannot log on to the console because the server is not synchronized with the database. Upgrade the server, and then log on to the console." 

That's when I went into ADD/REMOVE programs and found I have (shows I have) the latest version installed so I did a "repair".

NOW I have this error message;

"JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE LAUNCHER - unavel to access jarfile C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\webapps\scm\client pkg\scm-ui.jar

SO, I thought I would try a re-install from the disc and I get this message;

SYMANTEC ENDPOINT PROTECTION MANAGER - unable to copy installation file (.\SEPM\SAV.XML) to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager appliction.

Before I cause anymore problems, does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

Brad

• 2.  RE: upgrade to 11.0.6 MP1 "failed" Issues

Posted Nov 08, 2010 10:42 AM

Do not reinstall ; you already have lot of things set up

run the management server configuration wizard  from start all programs symantec endpoint protection

then do a repair of SEPM from add/remove programs

• 3.  RE: upgrade to 11.0.6 MP1 "failed" Issues

Posted Nov 08, 2010 11:02 AM

I tried to run "Management Server Config Wizard" and I get this message;

JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE LAUNCHER - Could not find the main class: com.sygate.scm.install.Main. Program will exit.

• 4.  RE: upgrade to 11.0.6 MP1 "failed" Issues
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2010 11:39 AM

Repair symantec Endpoint protection manager from add/remove programs first 

Once done run upgrade.bat from

program files\Symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager\bin\upgrade.bat

• 5.  RE: upgrade to 11.0.6 MP1 "failed" Issues

Posted Nov 08, 2010 12:41 PM

That did the trick.

I'm the SEPM console starts up and I'm logged into the server.

My test clients are updating; one left to go (to update automatically).

Thank You for your help.

Brad