Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec EndPoint Protection V12.1 - proactive threat protection definition Date

Posted Jan 19, 2012 11:06 AM

Hi

I need to check in every system if the proactive threat protection definition date are updated. There is any key in registry with this information?

I have found this key PatternFileDate in SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV that give me the information about Virus and Spyware Protection definition date.

i dont have acess to the central management console and

Regards.

Ricardo Marques

• 2.  RE: Symantec EndPoint Protection V12.1 - proactive threat protection definition Date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2012 11:21 AM

Just curious , if you client access, the client GUI will show the defintion date.

• 3.  RE: Symantec EndPoint Protection V12.1 - proactive threat protection definition Date

Posted Jan 19, 2012 11:42 AM

Hi

But i have 400 servers to manage i can not go system by system to check if is updated. I need to make this check by script.

Regards. 

• 4.  RE: Symantec EndPoint Protection V12.1 - proactive threat protection definition Date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2012 11:57 AM

Hi,

In SEPM 12.1 pre-defined notifications are configured.

If definitions are older than 7 days it will send email notifications.

• 5.  RE: Symantec EndPoint Protection V12.1 - proactive threat protection definition Date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2012 12:10 PM

ahhh..may be check this link

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\{A4C6A6D3-7221-458F-A52B-BA6011F550EF}\SharedDefs\BASHDefs\BASH

• 6.  RE: Symantec EndPoint Protection V12.1 - proactive threat protection definition Date

Posted Jan 19, 2012 12:23 PM

Hi

The anti-virus software is managed by other team in other country. In our servers we only install this software, all definition and update are controlled  by them. Because this i need to check if everything is updated if not i need to ask why the AV and proactive threat protection are not updated. To check AV i have found the registry key that give me the date that is show when i open the client. I need to do the same to the other protection that i have. If can not do this by registry there is any file in the system that contain that information?

• 7.  RE: Symantec EndPoint Protection V12.1 - proactive threat protection definition Date
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2012 12:50 PM

check this directory

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\12.1.671.4971.105\Data\Definitions\BASHDefs\