Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.1.1000.157 Client Status Icons

Posted Feb 15, 2012 04:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hello group,

In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Console a number of clients have a Client Status Icon that looks like a solid block yellow arrow pointing vertically downwards with a red coloured dot in the top hand corner of the icon, inside the red dot is white X; normally the computer status icon shows a computer monitor screen with a green dot.

I cannot find reference to this icon in the SEP documentation, nor can I find reference to it on the Symantec web site.

Can anyone help with identifying what this icon means please?

Many thanks

Attachment(s)

doc
    SEP_Icon.doc   27 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.1.1000.157 Client Status Icons

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.1.1000.157 Client Status Icons
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2012 06:30 AM

It probably means that the client installation failed. Right click on the client symbol, click "Edit Properties",  and see if there is a error message ("Deployment status" etc.).

Have a look at this thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sign

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.1.1000.157 Client Status Icons

Posted Feb 15, 2012 07:59 AM

Thanks Ajit, I have already seen that document and none of the icons shown are the same as the one we are seeing on our clients.

Appreciate you looking though, cheers.

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.1.1000.157 Client Status Icons

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2012 08:28 AM

right click on client and select the edit properties from one client it will show the message of the icon. it looks deployment failed.

• 6.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.1.1000.157 Client Status Icons

Posted Feb 15, 2012 08:59 AM

Greg, thanks for that pointer. It looks like the icon, as you suggested, means that the installation failed. I am seeing "Install failed, rolled back." on the 'Edit Porperties' tab.

Your help is much appreciated.

• 7.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.1.1000.157 Client Status Icons

Posted Dec 15, 2023 11:07 AM
      |   view attached

For the issue you just need to import the sylink file and put that file in the respective affected machine. That sign will remove from the manager. Also delete the agent and add the client it will work.