Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found

Posted Jan 18, 2012 05:09 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

About every 8 hours, whenever Live Update runs, these errors are logged in Windows Event Viewer:

Product: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found: D:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\temp\3A9901460A6B3232003D0426A9AFD40F\src\Windows\winsxs\nvdlei3o.taa\ATL80.dll.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Product: Symantec Endpoint Protection - Update '{833DE6E1-15DC-48A7-8BDA-4C3D6141191D}' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MSI78064.LOG.

Product: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Installation operation failed.

I've attached the log file mentioned in the error. 

A new log file gets created everytime and it's always the same.  Where should this missing file come from or is there some other solution to get this to stop?

Thank you!

Attachment(s)

txt
    MSI78064.txt   1.25 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found

Posted Jan 18, 2012 07:28 PM

Follow the steps to install client packages to an existing manager

1. On the manager, open the Symantec Endpoint Protection installation CD, and go to \SEPM\Packages.
    2. Copy the package files (.dat and .info) from the CD to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\packages.
    3. Go to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\, and double-click upgrade.bat.
    4. Run the Client Deployment Wizard to deploy the packages to clients.

I believe after following these steps package should list under SEPM.

Export Package from SEPM and deploy on clients or use Auto upgrade.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96789

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found

Posted Jan 18, 2012 08:44 PM

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found

Posted Jan 18, 2012 08:44 PM

First of all, I'm assuming you are aware that installing MSI's using a stub MSI will make all the child MSI installs dependent on the parent MSI for any future upgrades or maintenance. As nested MSI installs, they lose the ability to be individually maintained.
    Therefore you may wish to reconsider using this approach and perhaps use a Wisescript EXE wrapper to install these MSIs in sequence.

Secondly, what are you assuming to be the relative path?
    If you have internal compressed content in your MSI, this will need to be uncompressed, which will take place to the local TEMP folder. This TEMP folder then becomes the installation source and your relative path will be derived based on the TEMP location and NOT the source location of the original MSI.
    The source path of the original MSI is to be found in the [OriginalDatabase] property.

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found

Posted Jan 18, 2012 08:51 PM

Hi!

I am also experiencing Error 1308, but it is different this time.

Here's the story, I'm trying to install SEP 12 (unmanaged), in the middle of the installation there will promt a message box with a strings of error in it:

"Error 1308: Source file not found:

C:\Users\raich\Documents\antivirus

\SEP12.1\Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1.601.4699_Full

_EN\SEP\Programfiles\Symantec\Name\Bin

\SepLiveUpdate.exe. Verify that the file exists and that you 

can access it."

I checked it before that SEP 12 need not to install LUA because it will be automatically provisioned during the installation process. I'm starting to wonder if I'm lacking that one file, because I can't find it inside the specified folder. Can someone help me sort this out, please?

Thanks in advance!

• 6.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found

Posted Jan 19, 2012 09:46 AM

The MSI is being executed automatically by SEP.  It was not created by us and there is no manual intervention.

• 7.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection -- Error 1308.Source file not found

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jan 19, 2012 10:12 AM