Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

• 1.  SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 09:40 AM

We are using LUA v2.3.2 to pass updates to a computer with SEP v12.1.  The LUA has a download and distribute schedule that completed (assuming it got all updates for product SEP v12.1), but the SEP cannot find any new updates when it live updates to it.  The SEP client connects to LUA perffectly and downloads the 10 catalog files, but it shows 0 new updates when it is currently out of date (last definition is April).  What possible causes can I invesitigate to remedy this problem?  

• 2.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:21 AM

Can you confirm that you have the client pointing at the correct distribution centre on the LUA?

Posting the log,liveupdate from the client will help identify what it is connecting to.

Also, verify your LUA is correctly configured (i.e. client defs are listed under the Distribution Centres, Download Schedule, and Distribution Schedule).

• 3.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 11:56 AM
      |   view attached

I double checked the LUA settings, and the SEP v12.1 is listed as a supported product.  The download and distribution schedules show SEP v12.1 as the product.  I can see the updates in the clu-prod folder on the LUA computer too.  I couldnt find a log.liveupdate file but did grab the log.lue file which i think is SEP's version 12 live update engine log.

Attachment(s)

txt
    log_35.txt   4 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 12:09 PM

Hi Ccurson,

The client is looking for "SEPC Virus Definitions Win32 12.1 RU2 H" definitions.  Please make 100% sure that your LUA 2.x server has its Symantec Product Catalog (SPC) updated and is configured to download eactly that.  If LUA is downloading 12.1 RTM or 12.1 RU4 defs, it is not hosting what the client needs. 

Hope this helps!!

Mick

• 5.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 12:09 PM

is HTTP://Josh_Win7_PP/clu-prod on port 7070 where you installed Luadmin?

double checked the windows firewall

start -run

luall.exe

does it go to your Luadmin?

• 6.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 12:11 PM
      |   view attached

It all looks fine from the logs (i.e it's connecting to the Win7 machine alright).

Can you confirm what defs are on the LUA and the SEP Client?  Perhaps a screenie or two?

#EDIT#

Something just sprang to mind.  When configuring the LUA, you have to make sure it's downloading the SEP12.1RU2 defs.  The ones just for 12.1 without the RU2 won't work for your SEP12.1RU3 client.

#EDIT2#

Added a screenie wink

• 7.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 01:13 PM

Ok just added the RU2 and it said there are new updates to download or distribute when i ran it.

Attached are screenshots

• 8.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 19, 2013 02:13 PM

I updated the product catalog and added v12.1 RU2 to the download and distribute list and still the same result.

• 9.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2013 04:58 PM

OK, I got it to work.  I did not know there was a SEP 12,1 RU4 set of updates and apparntly that was the set i needed because i after downloaded those, SEP is now updating from the LUA.  Thank you everyone for the help at troubleshooting this issue.  (It could be a different set of definitions as well I had 12.1, 12.1 RU2, and 12.1 RU4 on the download and distribute list).

• 10.  RE: SEP v12.1 (unmanaged) doesn't grab new updates from LUA 2.3.2

Posted Sep 20, 2013 03:35 AM

Yeah, it's a bit confusing sometimes.

You may be able to tell from the log.lue which ones it';s using now.

#EDIT#

Oh yeah, it';s very likely going to be using the RU2 desf I posted as the others aren't compatible