Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1.4 BLOCKS INCOMING EMAIL

Posted Nov 28, 2013 03:29 PM

I recently upgraded to the latest version of SEP 12.1.4 and it blocks all my incoming POP3 email. I use Outlook for my email and I also use a 3rd party email notifier to notify me of new emails.  Both of these cannot receive email.

If I disable <Internet Email Auto-Protect> in SEP, everything works fine.  There seems to be a default policy that blocks all incoming email in this new version.

Does anyone know of a solution to this apart from disabling or uninstalling the 'Internet Email Auto-Protect' component?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1.4 BLOCKS INCOMING EMAIL

Posted Nov 28, 2013 03:43 PM
    There is no ability to add exceptions for the email component. There is a heuristic setting you can try disabling it within the component but if that doesnt work you need to just disable it altogether, unfortunately.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1.4 BLOCKS INCOMING EMAIL

Posted Nov 28, 2013 04:08 PM

Hi Brian, thanks for the response.  I sure hope Symantec releases a fix for this issue.  Can't believe an issue like this was missed.  Defeats the whole purpose of SEP when you can't have internet email anti-virus protection.

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1.4 BLOCKS INCOMING EMAIL

Posted Nov 28, 2013 04:32 PM

I just finished chatting with Symantec Tech Support and they have advised me that this is a known issue with the latest version of SEP 12.1.4.  They will be working on a fix/patch for this.  Until then, I guess most of us won't be installing v12.1.4.  Or if you do, you want have internet email protection.

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1.4 BLOCKS INCOMING EMAIL

Posted Nov 28, 2013 06:25 PM
    Good to know its a bug, thanks for letting us know