Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1 error "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package"

Posted Aug 24, 2011 09:43 AM

Hi,

I just upgraded my SEPM servers (W2008 64B) to version 12.1 from 11.0.6300.  Now I'm getting the error message on the Admin>Servers tab: "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package."  The error repeats very 5 minutes or so.

All other functions of SEPM seems to be working properly.

Any suggests on what this is referring too and how to correct it?

Thanks,

Ben

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 error "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2011 09:57 AM

post the scm-server-0.log from tomcat\logs folder of SEPM.

Also run the dbvalidator tool to check if it fails.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 error "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package"
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 24, 2011 10:03 AM

Hello,

Try these Steps:

1) Run upgrade.bat from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin

2) Run the Management Configuration Wizard for SEPM

If an installation package has been unexpectedly deleted from the SEPM, the package may be added back into SEPM via launching the SEPM console --> admin --> Install Packages --> Add client install package --> point to the the installation media for SEPM:  Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1_Full_EN\SEPM\Packages\<SAV32 or SAV64>.info file.  This will restore the installation package of your choosing.

If the above, does not help please work on the Disaster recovery steps for SEP 12.1

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160736

Hope this helps!!!

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 error "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package"

Posted Aug 24, 2011 10:15 AM

did u delete any old packages where were listed in the admin packages option?

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 error "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package"

Posted Aug 24, 2011 12:20 PM

Hello BBDC,

Post the scm-server-0.log (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tomcat\logs) as well as the catalina.out log to this thread. I'll take a look at them and see if I can spot anything useful.

Is there anything special about your setup? Is your SEPM installed to the C: or D: drive? Are you using SQL or the embedded database?

James

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1 error "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package"

Posted Aug 24, 2011 02:47 PM

Hello BBDC,

I agree with Rafeeq if these packages were deleted accidently you can recover them from sepm packages

then re run management server configuration wizard and check if you still get the message

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1 error "Failed to create a folder to which to publish the package"

Posted Aug 24, 2011 02:59 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions!  I ran steps 1 & 2 of Mithun's suggestion above and that appears to have fixed it.

Thanks again!

Ben