Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Script job failing -1073741502

Posted Feb 06, 2013 05:58 AM

Hello.

My script jobs keep failing today with the result code -1073741502

These have worked in the past and are running with domain admin credentials, i have confirmed that the domain account is active and that the password is good.

If i create the batch file on a local computer and run it as admin the batch executes fine.

Any ideas on what could be causing this error?

I am using windows 7 x64 and DS 7.1 sp1

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Script job failing -1073741502

Posted Feb 06, 2013 06:46 AM

Sounds likeyou have this problem:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH12844

"...a non-silent installation program that needed a reboot at the end of the install..."

If it's an msi you need /qn.

What the batch file doing? You'ree usually better off using the native functionality of Altiris to run programs, rather than batching them.

• 3.  RE: Script job failing -1073741502

Posted Feb 06, 2013 10:37 AM

Perhaps your /Y switches aren't correct so if it tries to copy over an existing file it fails then.

You could try capturing the output of the batch file by appending >>batch.log 2>&1 to each line.

• 4.  RE: Script job failing -1073741502

Posted Feb 06, 2013 11:49 AM

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

This batch file is very basic and just checks for existing directories / copies /pastes files to some other directories.

it doesn't install anything

This appears to only effect a couple of computers. I have uninstalled and re-installed the clients on the effected computers. tried the /resetguid command.

All the other computers that this was run on worked successfully. This shows that the config of cms is ok and running the batch file is also ok.

I would say that this issue is computer configuration related although i can't confirm.

additionally UAC isn't enabled on the effected pc's.

• 5.  RE: Script job failing -1073741502

Posted Feb 06, 2013 11:55 AM

Hello. The script works already on at least 20 computers. The job and scrip are ok.

I think the issue is with the client configuration.

I have noticed that when I use RAAD. I get an error saying to check the log.

I have also attached a photo of what might be the actual error although im still narrowing it down.

• 6.  RE: Script job failing -1073741502

Posted Feb 11, 2013 02:25 PM

What happens when you update the command line to include a logging option, run it on a computer that fails, then review the log it created?

• 7.  RE: Script job failing -1073741502
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 22, 2013 07:11 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I have ran the batch file on my machine and noticed lots of access denied messages, I enabled UAC (user account control) then rebooted, and then disabled UAC.

This has resolved my issue.