Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Problems sending message with Outlook 2003 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 11

Posted Apr 09, 2009 01:00 PM
      |   view attached

Hello All,

I have a group of remote users who are having problems sending emails. They are using Outlook 2003 (POP3 based) and Symantec Endpoint 11. Some emails go through with no problems but every now and then they'll receive the message that I have attached to this email.

"Your email message to "user" user@domain.com
    with the subject of
    "subject"
    was unable to be sent because the connection to your mail
    server was interrupted. Please open your email client and
    re-send the message from the Sent Items folder.

Click here to go to Symantec Technicial support Knowledge base...

I have attached a screenshot.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

• 2.  RE: Problems sending message with Outlook 2003 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 11

• 3.  RE: Problems sending message with Outlook 2003 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 11
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 10, 2009 11:45 AM
    Hi,

this is issue is related to the unmanaged SEP 11 clients, it is really common but not fixed yet.

The quickest solution is to go in control panel > add/remove programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection > modify and then modify the installation by removing the email protection components. They are not critical components.

The best solution should be to manage the clients with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Problems sending message with Outlook 2003 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 11

Posted Apr 16, 2009 01:08 PM
    Giuseppe

Thank you for your response. If I managed it from the SEP Manager, what would I need to do? Just uncheck email protection?

Thanks again,
    Alex