Migration User

Migration UserMar 17, 2011 04:40 AM

Migration User

Migration UserApr 08, 2011 03:51 PM

Migration User

Migration UserAug 02, 2011 09:05 AM

• 1.  Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Feb 16, 2011 05:11 AM

When will Outlook 2010 be supportet using PGP Desktop E-Mail?!

As i'm having serious trouble with some Outlook 2010 issues I really need to know a date or a contact who can tell me.

@Tom: Please please please don't tell me again you don't know. Send this request to someone who knows or just post some contact information.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards

Andreas Krix

• 2.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Feb 16, 2011 10:06 AM

As I did in response to this post in the old forum, I just sent an inquiry.

• 3.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Feb 16, 2011 10:24 AM

Did you?

Hm...must be invisible to me...http://forum.pgp.com/t5/PGP-Desktop-for-Windows/New-Year-same-Questions/td-p/44748

Anyway. Thank you very much.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Andreas Krix

• 4.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Feb 16, 2011 01:40 PM

I didn't respond last time, since I had nothing positive to offer, but with you asking again, I didn't want you to think you were being ignored.  I don't understand the delay and hope for some positive word.

• 5.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Feb 28, 2011 09:46 AM

Hi Tom,

still no response? Maybe you should resend your inquiry ;-)

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards

Andreas Krix

• 6.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Mar 10, 2011 09:55 AM

Any update?!

• 7.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Mar 10, 2011 04:12 PM

I've followed up on this today - it looks like there will be a helpful response. 

• 8.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Mar 17, 2011 04:40 AM

any new status about OL2010 Support?

thanks

• 9.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Mar 17, 2011 11:49 AM

Hi!

I have sent an inquiry for this situation, I will let you know when I have any update.

BTW:

What kind of issue are you having now? Maybe we can help you with that.

• 10.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Mar 18, 2011 03:03 AM

Since we are using OL2010 with PGP we are facing the following problems:

- E-Mails remain in Outbox after being succesfully sent

- in some cases E-Mails are not shown in sent elements aber being succesfully sent

- Outlook does a consistency check of local OST File on every start

- deleted objects reappear after Outlook restart

Best regards

Andreas Krix

• 11.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Mar 22, 2011 03:03 PM

Hi Andreas,

You should expect announcement from Symantec for next release that has Outlook 2010 32 Bit and 64 Bit support.

By looking at issues you are facing currently, I would suggest following workarounds,

- E-Mails remain in Outbox after being succesfully sent

- in some cases E-Mails are not shown in sent elements aber being succesfully sent

Did you get "Some recipients will be processed later" notification? If yes, then either you can use Online profile (Exchange cached mode disabled) Or make sure that you dont have keyservers in your keyserver list to which you cannot connect to.

- Outlook does a consistency check of local OST File on every start

- deleted objects reappear after Outlook restart

Try disabling "Fast Shudown feature" for now

Meaning that choose Option 3 from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd941316.aspx

Thanks,

Dipak.

PGP (now Symantec) Engineering.

• 12.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Apr 07, 2011 10:29 AM

This was an unanswered question (in several guises) on the old PGP Forum, and here we are again...

For me, emails to anyone other than people with PGP stay in the OL2010-64 Outbox, whilst PGP tries to send them, and send them, and send them... I've tweaked the Policies (I've even got one that forces unsecured emails, and yet they still sit there in the Outbox...) Stopping services in PGP WDE, then killing OL2010-64, then re-enabling services, then restarting OL2010-64 works to clear the Outbox, but then the very next email that you try to send stays in the Outbox. So this isn't really a solution, nor a viable workaround...

As I type, the lower right hand screen PGP Notifier pop-up is doing its usual 'Attempting to secure email...Some recipients will be processed later...' appearance every few seconds...

• 13.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Apr 08, 2011 03:22 AM

I find it absolutely amazing that we are approaching the Outlook 2010 one year anniversary and still no support for the PGP/Outlook 2010 combination. 

In my old laptop I first used Outlook 2007 and then installed the 2010 version when it was made available a year ago - this seemed to work just fine but in my current laptop where Office 2010 was installed w/o any previous Office 2007 installation, PGP just does not work. 

Given that Outlook 2010 didn't appear as a surprise last June, the time for developing 2010 support is probably closer to two years. 

How do I get a refund for the last year's support fee?

• 14.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Apr 08, 2011 03:51 PM

... more time waiting for a solution.

• 15.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Apr 27, 2011 06:09 PM

My PGP won't encrypt email sent from Outlook 2010.  It won't encrypt the window when using Ctrl+Shift + E either.

• 16.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted May 13, 2011 06:58 AM

Any Update on this? When will the next Version will be released? When will there be any announce?

• 17.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted May 27, 2011 07:40 AM

I'm tired of asking again and again but: any updates?

• 18.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jun 08, 2011 07:23 AM

I have the same trouble with PGP Messaging and Outlook 2010. In the log is written that message is processed, but it sended in clear text. When will you find a solution?

• 19.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jun 08, 2011 11:58 AM

I have PGP 10.1.0 installed on my computer and I just received outlook 2010.  I have a couple of questions....1. How come I can't send an email to myself?  It will not send and it's asking for a passphrase?   2. When sending an email, I get a message on the lower right handside of the screen saying encrypting/will send in 5,4, 3, 2 1 second?  3. how do I find out my user name and password for pgp email 10.1?  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....I work in a school and the primary reason why I have pgp email installed on my computer was to receive SAT scores online from College Board.  Please help!!

• 20.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jun 08, 2011 12:12 PM

You may do better using the Create Content button above to start a new thread - I'd encourage you to do so. 

I haven't seen anything new on when Outlook 2010 will be supported, so can't offer anything on this topic. 

Your particular concern sounds like you are using default PGP Messagng policies that require outgoing encrypted email to be signed.  This would result in you needing to enter your private key's passphrase (if you have not already entered and cached your key's passphrase) to make the signature.  Therefore, it is the passphrase you used when you generated your key that you would need to enter. 

• 21.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jun 20, 2011 06:13 PM

Has this been fixed, addressed... This is really hurting me... I absolutely reley on PGP and i have a computer going bad... I no longer have 2007 and I am unable to receive my DOD orders...

Please tell me this has been fixed

Thank you

• 22.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jun 20, 2011 08:23 PM

I've not heard anything new on this, but it seems like work on support for Office 2010 must be continuing.

• 23.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jun 21, 2011 04:41 PM

COME ON!!!!

Are you purposely being aloof about this??? Are you really unable get a single word from someone about this????

Please escalate to someone who can!! This is unacceptable.

• 24.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jun 22, 2011 04:40 AM

Good Luck!

I'm trying to get an answer for month now.

Symantec doesn't really seem to care about it's PGP customers.

• 25.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jul 01, 2011 12:08 PM

If PGP didn't care about it's customers to begin with why should Symantec care about them now?

Up-to-date Outlook support has been non-existant with PGP for YEARS.  We had the same issue with Outlook 2007, then with Outlook 2007 SP1, and now of course with Outlook 2010.  How is anyone surprised?

PGP knows they have everyone by the scrotum and they have no real reason to work any harder than they are right now.

• 26.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jul 03, 2011 12:53 PM

It appears that many users have been complaining dince Outlook 2010 came out and PGP has chosen to ignore us.

When will we be heard and this product that we have embraced (I have since the 90s) will again work the way you have intended it.

What you have done to us is perpetrate a fraud on the end users and shoud refund us much of what we have paid for the product or give us an upgrade that works for free.

Please have the decency to respond.

• 27.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jul 03, 2011 01:51 PM

I understand your frustration, and have shared it myself since I have Office 2010 on my personal computers.  As refected elsewhere in his thread, I have actively pursued trying to obtain this information for public release.  You may not like what I can report as of this past Friday, but this is where it stands on my end.  I now have what appears to be the likely final word on this, and it actually appears quite good.  The unpleasant part is that I do not yet have permission to release this, although I'm hoping (which is all I can do) to very soon be able to report this.  Although I do not know the specifics regarding when releases with imporvements/additions can be announced, I suspect it is for the same reason that PGP Corporation had to wait until certain times for making such announcements: that the timing of such announcements affect when revenue for the new product has to be recorded. 

• 28.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jul 05, 2011 02:57 AM

Tom, with all due respect, we are well past the "we have to time our announcements due to SEC regulations" stage.

That type of rhetoric would have been relevant and excusable about, oh, about two years ago.  It would have been relevant when Office 2010 was still in beta.  It would have been relevant when Office 2010 was still "bleeding edge".  The reason we the users are offended and frustrated is because of PGP's apparent lack of respect for it's paying customers.  You have customers that are in active support contracts who cannot use your product as intended, over a year after Outlook 2010 was finalized.  PGP has the current customer base by the gonads and although many of the current users are stuck with little recourse right now, this insult will not go without consequence.

We will not forget, and we will not forgive.

The moment another avenue is available, PGP will see how quickly its customers will turn away and then it will be too late.  The real tragedy of all this is that Office 2010 SP1 is now upon us and I would be willing to bet my keyring that whenever this new cobbled together version of PGP lands it will not officially support SP1 and we will be right back to square one, waiting another year for support of a simple service pack.

Shame on you, PGP.

• 29.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jul 06, 2011 10:53 AM

Although I am not authorized to say anything about the expected release date, I am now able to say:

Outlook 2010 support is projected for the next release of PGP.

Forward-looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.

• 30.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Jul 21, 2011 02:27 AM

Another two weeks of silence from Symantec...

Any word on when us lowly users will be able to use PGP with our year-old mail clients?

• 31.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Aug 02, 2011 08:55 AM

Hi Andreas,

PGP Desktop now supports Outlook 2010.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4559

Thanks.

Daichi Terada, CISSP

• 32.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Aug 02, 2011 09:05 AM

This would be the newly released 10.2.

• 33.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Aug 10, 2011 03:56 AM

Office 2010 SP1 went RTM in May (and was available to all developers at that time via MSDN) and was publicly relesed June 28th, 2011.

Is SP1 supported by PGP Desktop or do we now wait until SP2 is released next year for SP1 support?

• 34.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Aug 20, 2011 04:49 AM

I have just installed PGP 10.2 (64bit) and tried if PGP is properly signing and/or encrypting messages from Outlook 2010 (32bit) in a Win 7 Home (64bit) environment.

Result: Encryption does not work. If I check the boxes "encryption" or "signing" before I send an Email with Outlook 2010 nothing is done.

Are there any kind of settings that I need to adjust ?

• 35.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Aug 20, 2011 11:32 AM

In the PGP Messaging module of PGP Desktop, please make sure the three Button related policies are there, are enabled, and only have the Require Encryption policy above them.

• 36.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Aug 21, 2011 01:16 AM

Am running PGP Desktop Email 10.2 x64 with MS Office Pro 2010 x86 (e.g. Outlook 2010) under MS Windows Ultimate x64. It's been some time (9 mo?) since PGP Desktop worked (it was fighting with my antivirus, and I figured antivirus was more important), but I've now switched to NIS 18.6, in which I've (under "Network Protection -> Email Protection") turned off "Email antivirus scan" and "Antispam" (I'd rather not turn those off, but I was thinking maybe NIS's interception of my POP/SMTP streams might be what's inhibiting my PGP Desktop. 10.2's release notes don't say anything about the newer versions of NIS, but I'm assuming the mentions of earlier NIS versions should apply to this newest NIS version. Can't hurt, right?)

My PGP Desktop log shows that messages going in and out are being "processed" (and PGP Desktop is successfully decrypting incoming PGP-encrypted messages), but PGP Desktop, within its "PGP Messaging" tab, shows no services.

I need/want to be sure that PGP Desktop is connecting to my POP3 and SMTP servers via SSL/TLS, so the lack of services is disturbing. How can I prod/prompt PGP Desktop into discovering & creating these services like it used to? (I have "Secure Email -> Discover new acccounts" checked, in PGP Desktop's "Options -> Messaging" tab.)

• 37.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Aug 22, 2011 01:16 PM

Make sure that you have your licensing information available first (if this is a standalone installation). Do not delete anything in the My Docs\PGP folder since those are your keys and you don't want to risk loosing your keys.

Igf you close down PGP Tray by right clicking and then saying "Exit services" delete everything in %appdata%\PGP Corporation folder.

Then close outlook. Now re-open Microsoft Outlook. Now, re-open PGP tray from your start menu under the startup folder. Once you open PGP Desktop, it will have you re-license the product (or just re-enroll if you are using a PGP Universal Server). As part of the setup it will detect your email account's in Outlook and setup the proxy service for them.

• 38.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Sep 04, 2011 03:59 AM

The three policies realted to buttons are there and enabled. The require encryption policy is above them. I am actually seeing and using the buttons in Outlook. The buttons appear and can be marked but the messages are not signed or encrypted. 

• 39.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Sep 30, 2011 03:18 AM

In the event, it appears my problem is caused by a for-fee VPN client. I haven't figured out, yet, whether it's possible for PGP Desktop and a VPN client to co-exist (so far, I've failed). The breakage is so complete that even after uninstalling the VPN client, PGP Desktop still won't work until I've uninstallled and then reinstalled PGP Desktop. (BTW and unrelatedly, I note with pleasure that the new version of PGP Desktop seems to be able to handle Gmail.) (For sure, Norton Internet Security (NIS'11) isn't the problem; nor is Malwarebytes' Antimalware (MBAM).) (For the record, my VPN is Astrill, but I don't have any evidence either way which would indicate whether the problem is Astrill's in particular, or VPNs' in general.)

• 40.  RE: Outlook 2010 Support (once again)

Posted Nov 08, 2011 05:15 AM

I switched from Astrill (the VPN client which was causing this problem) to WiTopia, and my PGP Desktop problem didn't recur.

Astrill tech support says the problem is dueling Layered Service Providers, since both PGP Desktop and Astrill's VPN client use LSPs to proxy/redirect my traffic. They suggest uninstalling LSP support from Astrill, and instead using OpenVPN. I haven't tried this yet, but am relaying it in case anyone else runs into this issue.