Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  no internet access from a windoes 7 pc with SEP 12.1 RU2

Posted Jan 22, 2013 01:08 AM

Prior to joining a domain, there was full internet access with the SEP 12.1 Ru2 installed.

after joining the domain, reboot, no internet acess shown on the system notification for the local area network icon

tried allowing port 80, 8080, still no luck. pinging the internet network and access domain file share was no problem.

surfing the internet or pinging external host goes no where despite ip resoluation done

• 2.  RE: no internet access from a windoes 7 pc with SEP 12.1 RU2

Posted Jan 22, 2013 01:22 AM

HI,

Did you check disabled SEP Client Internet working or not ?

Check this thread also

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/no-internet-access

• 3.  RE: no internet access from a windoes 7 pc with SEP 12.1 RU2

Posted Jan 22, 2013 01:40 PM

definitely no internet access, besides thenetwork sharing center showing no internet access,

can't go to any website, can't even ping one of my isp site that allow to check for internet connectivity, - timeout.

I tried telling the networking... it's connected to work entwork, no effect

• 4.  RE: no internet access from a windoes 7 pc with SEP 12.1 RU2

Posted Jan 22, 2013 01:50 PM

What happens if you disable NTP?

• 5.  RE: no internet access from a windoes 7 pc with SEP 12.1 RU2

Posted Jan 22, 2013 02:02 PM

Is this a physical machine or a VM?

• 6.  RE: no internet access from a windoes 7 pc with SEP 12.1 RU2

Posted Jan 23, 2013 01:30 PM

Solved:

1. took the physical pc out of the domain back into work group, reboot

2. login using the bulit-in local administrator(not just any administrator in all of the following steps) ran symhelp for diagnostic

3. repair sep client installation

4. ran network diagnostic after setting preferred ip properties in the nic ( they use static ip for most pc workstations here)

when newtorking was working for the pc(internet access restored within the work network), rebbot

5 set static ip using the dynamic setting found from ipconfig /all. and I was able to set the rdp port also

6 reboot (probaly not required and test for internet and network access

7 join the domain, close and let it reboot

success

prior to the above steps I was unable to change and keep network parameters.

task remain: go to the sep management console and make this PC sep install a managed client or export the communication from console to this client

• 7.  RE: no internet access from a windoes 7 pc with SEP 12.1 RU2

Posted Jan 23, 2013 03:32 PM

Great news that you worked it out. for the remaining task pushing the communications setting from SEPM will be the easiest way:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/sep-121-ru2-and-reset-client-communication