File Share Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

pete

peteJan 11, 2013 12:03 AM

Migration User

Migration UserJan 18, 2013 12:06 AM

Migration User

Migration UserFeb 07, 2013 12:49 AM

• 1.  Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 10, 2013 11:45 PM

Hi All,

Is the New version of Symantec Encryption Desktop released or not..? Is it Available for Download on FileConnect.

If yes then how could i download it. I already have a license of PGP Universal Server and PGP WDE 10.2. Please help me i need to test it With Windows 8 with UEFI enable BIOS.

Thanks,

Jiten

• 2.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2013 11:52 PM

• 3.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 10, 2013 11:58 PM

yes i already ha a serial number , but the serial number is comes with PGP WDE desktop 10.2. Is this work for 10.3 ...???

• 4.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2013 12:03 AM

yes, it should work.

• 5.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 11, 2013 01:23 AM

Thanks... Pete let me check and download it.

Is this version work on UEFI BIOS...???

• 6.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 11, 2013 11:11 AM

I just went on the fileconnect page, entered my 10.2.1 serial number and was NOT able to see the new 10.3 download option on my list. The latest version available is 10.2.1 MP5. Is 10.3 having issues with encrypting drives anyway? The reason I ask is because I've already seen 2 support posts for issues with encryption freezing.. maybe I'll hold off on upgrading?

• 7.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 11, 2013 11:14 AM

I have had to contact customer care on more than 1 occaision in the past 3 days on behalf of my clients who want 10.3 as their serial number didnt show up, they get issued new serial and license keys and they were then able to download 10.3 without incident.

• 8.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2013 12:21 AM
    Hi, to download the pgp 10.3, you need to register your pgp product with your serial number on mySymantec page. after that go to manage licensing portal. in licensing portal at the bottom click on Version Upgrade. here you need to fill the required details. then it will give you a new serial number based on your old license number. use this new serial number on fileconnect to download 10.3.

• 9.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 12, 2013 02:42 PM

The Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 release is not compatible with UEFI bios yet. IT does introduce new features such as File Share Encryption (formerly Netshare) integration with Dropbox. IOS encryption software for mobile devices (managed client from Universal Server as well).   It also includes 64-bit support for Windows PE Recovery environments now.

UEFI bios support for WDE will come with an upcoming release later this year.

* Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or features are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and my or may not be implimented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.

• 10.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 14, 2013 01:25 PM

I managed to get the new Serial number in order to download 10.3, Thank you for all the tips!

Now that I have 10.3, will my current recovery boot CD that I built with the 10.2.1 (Build 4869) files work with 10.3 Netshare/WDE clients? If not, are there instructions on how to create the updated CD? Also, anyone have the registry keys that need to be added to the boot CD?

I added the PartMGR PGPWDED filters keys along with the Storage filter service and PGPsdk.sys driver keys. So when I launch PGPwde.exe I get a PGP warning message popup. This message indicates that the PGP memory locking facility is not functioning correctly. Is this normal or am I missing a registry key / file?

• 11.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 15, 2013 12:48 AM

No The PGP 10.2 recovery will not work with 10.3. you need to download it from the symantec and already available. below is the link to download it.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH199905

• 12.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 15, 2013 11:52 AM

Great! Thank you for that link. As far as the Bart PE boot CD creation goes, has anything changed as for the files that need to be copied to the WDE directory?

Can you also tell me what the recover boot CD critical files are that change with each version release? is it the driver/filter files only? The reason I ask is because over time it looks like we will have multiple versions of PGP out in the fields. I want to be able to create one boot CD to handle our current SEE encryption clients (Access and Recovery) along with the new Windows 7 PGP WDE clients. Ideally I want to be able to inject the critical PGP files needed when the support persons select the desired version off the Grub4dos menu.

Also, is there any Winbuilder instruction for a boot CD creation? I'm basically just looking for what registry keys need to be added if creating the boot CD manually. I'm anti-BART PE, way too slow for me.

So far just adding the following reg keys make the PGPwde work but I get that PGP memory locking facility warning:

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\PGPsdkDriver

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\PGPwded

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\control\class\[4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -=upperfilter=- PartMgr pgpwded

I think I will try to add the PGP_Install_MEMLCK value into a new HKLM\Software\WDE key

Any additional help/tips will always be honored. Thanks

• 13.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 17, 2013 05:29 PM

This is now working!

I also added the scriptpw.dll files and registry classes to my boot CD so I can use a VBscript to mask the passwords when using batch files for the various PGPWDE commands.

Thanks for the help and providing me with the 10.3 recovery image JK_PGP. Thumbs up :)

I guess this can be closed.

• 14.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 18, 2013 12:06 AM

good to know it yes

• 15.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 18, 2013 12:08 AM

@3L3M3NT.... Please mark this as solution if this resolved your issue.

• 16.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 18, 2013 12:19 PM

Yeah, I think JK_PGP deserves the credit for solving this one! Great job! :)

• 17.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Jan 18, 2013 02:51 PM

JK_PGP, how do I mark this as a solution if it's not really my post? I just realized that I hijacked your post..lol .. sorry.

Can one of the admins give JK_PGP credit for helping me on this post? Thanks!

• 18.  RE: Need Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3 Version....

Posted Feb 07, 2013 12:49 AM

I marked JK_PGP's comment as the solution.