Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  More 2.5.1 C0000005 errors during Win PE boot and Refresh of default inventory

Posted Jul 09, 2010 04:02 PM
    Hi,

Well I ran into the same problem as several others when trying to use the Ghost console to restore Windows XP SP3 clients ruuning GSS 2.5.1.  Haven't tried using PC DOS instead of WIN PE boot but I wish I had never updated from 2.5 to 2.5.1.  I have 122 clients and on my last Default refresh I had 3 of the PC all up and running and logged in give the followingmessage which I am posting:

The following information has been placed on the clipboard. Visit the Ghost forums at https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board?board.id=109 and supply this information to gain help with this error.
    Symantec Ghost Client Agent
    An exception has occurred of type C0000005
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\Ghost - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Ghost\ngctw32.exe 11.5.1.2266
    r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\src\gc\gc.cpp#1699:Library::Gc::GCMarkCopy::scanPointerIn
        unsigned int * markBits = 0x32195D0
        bool prev = true
    r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\inc\gc\gcint#236:Library::Gc::GCScanPointer::scanPrecise
    r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\src\gc\vector.cpp#149:Library::Gc::SVector::gcScan
    r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\src\gc\gc.cpp#1566:Library::Gc::GCScanPointer::scanObjectSize
    @3r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\src\gc\gc.cpp#479:Library::Gc::GCSpace::scanOlder
        unsigned int index = 592
        unsigned int * to = €GG
        unsigned int size = 16
    r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\src\gc\gc.cpp#1990:Library::Gc::GCGeneration::collectSpace
        unsigned int required = 16
        bool matureSpace = false
        int save = 0
        bool pageInfo = true
        unsigned int * temp = 0x0
    r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\src\gc\gc.cpp#2221:Library::Gc::GCGeneration::collect
        unsigned int required = 16
    r:\depot_cont\ghost\gsstrunk\ghost\configureagent\library\src\gc\gc.cpp#1395:Library::Gc::GCGeneration::fullAllocObject
        unsigned int size = 16
        bool collected = false
        unsigned int totalWaste = 0

I don't know if this is related to my MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM of windows PE boot problem but I warn anyone still running GSS 2.5 to avoid 2.5.1 until Symantec can reproduce and fix the problem.  Atleast I can go down into the ghost directory and re-start ghost32.  The bad news is that the machine specific stuff like the system name has to manually be changed after restore session is complete and the PC has rebooted.   Not having fun here and hope that someone can give me instructions on how to downgrade back to GSS 2.5 without having to reconfigure my environment again....

Regards,
    Paul

• 2.  RE: More 2.5.1 C0000005 errors during Win PE boot and Refresh of default inventory

Posted Jul 10, 2010 06:09 PM
    Hi Paul,

I believe your issue can be fixed by applying patch 2269. Place request in the link below for the same or contact the support technicians over phone for the same;
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/request-2269-patch-file

Regards,
    Dilip Sebastian

• 3.  RE: More 2.5.1 C0000005 errors during Win PE boot and Refresh of default inventory

Posted Dec 15, 2010 08:21 AM

The c0000005 error has been resolved in Ghost 2.5.1 build 2298. This is documented here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/ghost-client-error-c0000005-resolved-build-2298