Data Loss Prevention

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

• 1.  LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

Posted Nov 09, 2012 06:45 AM

Hello all,

I found a small bug in the Symantec DLP v.11.6 and 11.6.1 and want to share a workaround.

I configured a Group Directory Connection with following parameters:

When I clicked a button "Test connection" I got a message "Directory Connection tested successfully".

When I configured LDAP Lookup Plugin I got 'ok' messages and a detailed Custom Attribute Lookup Logging were logs were ok.  But the custom attributes in incident snapshots were empty.

Finally, I changed the Group Directory Connection. I deleted the space in the Base DN string:

And the LDAP Lookup Plugin started to work correctly.

Be careful: the Base DN string in the Group Directories Connection settings must be without spaces.

I hope my message will be useful.

---
    Best regards,
    Artem.

• 2.  RE: LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2012 01:30 AM

Great work!

• 3.  RE: LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2012 01:45 AM

thumbs up!

• 4.  RE: LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

Posted Nov 12, 2012 06:55 AM

Good job..........

• 5.  RE: LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

Posted Dec 20, 2012 11:35 AM

Where do you modify or delete the Directory connection?  I need to change mine and can't find where to do it.

• 6.  RE: LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

Posted Dec 20, 2012 01:32 PM

If you want to change the Group Directory Connection that used in policies or LDAP lookup plugins, you can do it on the page System > Settings > Group Directories:

• 7.  RE: LDAP Lookup Plugin and Group Directories settings in the Symantec DLP v11.6 and 11.6.1

Posted Dec 20, 2012 03:54 PM

Thank you Artem!!