Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  ITA - HTTP503 error. The Service is Unavailable

Posted Oct 14, 2011 06:33 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

Recently my ITA solution has begun to report an 'HTTP 503 error. The service is unavailable'. This happens whenever I try to open a report, has anyone seen this issue and know what i9 might be able to do to resolve this.

I do not know why it has started doing this as it just sort of begun happening quite randomly.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

• 2.  RE: ITA - HTTP503 error. The Service is Unavailable

Posted Oct 14, 2011 09:54 AM

Hi Borg-C,

Could you please verify if any error message is added to SMP logs when you click on this report? Use the Altiris Log Viewer and please post the related error message here, ok?

Regards,

• 3.  RE: ITA - HTTP503 error. The Service is Unavailable

Posted Oct 14, 2011 12:45 PM

Are there any errors in the Application and System event logs related to application pool errors or the application pool being shutdown/disabled?

If the app pool has been disabled, check the HTTPERR log to see if any errors led to the problem. If there is a succession of errors in a short amount of time (5 in 5 minutes by default) then rapid fail protection will cause IIS to shut down the app pool. Further requests serviced by that app pool will get the 503 Service Unavailable error.

• 4.  RE: ITA - HTTP503 error. The Service is Unavailable
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2011 07:05 AM

Cheers for the tips.  I have now fixed it...

This was my solution, intially went on the SQL server with the DB on to check for any signs of errors... the server crashed.. i brought it back online.

I then restarted the IIS services which removed the http 503 error and led me to some other errors which were long... and were concerned with the reporting and analysis services so

Went to the next SQL server that hosts the analysis and reporting services restarted those and bam it was all working again after that.

But as you said keith i reckon it was to do with that default rapid fail protection limit.