Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Failed to connect to the server. ErrorCode: 0x80020000

Posted Mar 03, 2010 12:36 PM
     For the past few days, at seemingly random intervals throughout the day, I have been getting the error message below as a Server System Events notification on my RU5 SEPM.

"Failed to connect to the server. Make sure that the server is running and your session has not timed out. If you can reach the server but cannot log on, make sure that you provided the correct parameters. If you are experiencing network issues, contact your system administrator. ErrorCode: 0x80020000"

Searching forums/knowledge base for this error hasn't gotten me anywhere since we do not run replication or a proxy.  And everything I can find talks about this being related to those.  I have not had any difficulty connecting to the SEPM through the client, but intermittently it has had issues processing the dat files from clients out of the agentinfo folder.  

The scm-server log files shows the following:

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
    com.sygate.scm.common.communicate.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to the server.

Make sure that the server is running and your session has not timed out.
    If you can reach the server but cannot log on, make sure that you provided the correct parameters.
    If you are experiencing network issues, contact your system administrator. ErrorCode: 0x80020000
    at com.sygate.scm.common.communicate.Communicator.sendRequest(Communicator.java:319)

Can anyone shed some light on what exactly this error means in the context of a system event.  This error would make a lot more sense if I got it trying to log into the SEPM client, but it is a system event.  

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Failed to connect to the server. ErrorCode: 0x80020000

Posted Mar 03, 2010 12:43 PM

• 3.  RE: Failed to connect to the server. ErrorCode: 0x80020000

Posted Mar 04, 2010 12:51 AM
    I don't have a proxy.  Verified that nothing is setup anywhere on the server that might make SEPM think that there is.  

Tried the LU fix, but this error doesn't seem to be coming from LU.  

Would be great to get an error log that actually gives you an idea what the error actually is!  Guess its time to put in the support call.

• 4.  RE: Failed to connect to the server. ErrorCode: 0x80020000

Posted Mar 04, 2010 12:55 AM
    run the management server configuration wizard once and check if the issue persists. 

• 5.  RE: Failed to connect to the server. ErrorCode: 0x80020000

Posted Mar 04, 2010 01:13 AM
    Go to start---->run type %temp% clock ok.Clear all content of nthe folder.Restart the SEPM service.Try to login...

• 6.  RE: Failed to connect to the server. ErrorCode: 0x80020000

Posted Mar 04, 2010 03:45 AM
     If you do open a support case please post back here with your case number. It allows all Symantec Employees and Tech Support on the forum to monitor your case, and possibly provide you with early notifications on feedback.

Thanks,
    Grant