Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

• 1.  Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 04, 2011 09:00 AM

Hi,

When logging into SEPM console i am greeted with "Unexpected  server error. Errorcode: 0x10010000" followed by being succesfully logged into the SEPM console, however the GUI for the Home, Monitors and Reports tab are completely blank. to be specific they are just a white space. not empty grpahs and box just blank... this problem has been happenign from shortly after the install.

Has anyone seen this before? and know of a resolution?

Everything else seems to be working fine, i can configure policies as normal. create and deploy SEP client packages and run commands on servers and clients. So everything except those three tabs seems to be working...

I have seen many threads realting to this error message but not the symptom of a blank hme monitor and reports tab.

thank you in advance for the help.

• 2.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

• 3.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 04, 2011 09:35 AM

Hello,

What version of SEPM have you installed?

If you are running previous versions please upgrade to RU6MP3

Also, check the Articles below:

Check the DB connectivity as per this doc

Unexpected server error 0x10010000 <site name> <server>

if you find 401 in the scm-server 0.log follow this document

SCM-Server-0.log:

HTTP 401 Unauthorized, URL: http://localhost:8014/secars/secars.dll?action=34

Unexpected server error. ErrorCode: 0x10010000

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95331

• 4.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 04, 2011 01:37 PM

Are you using Proxy , if yes go to

start run type inetcpl.cpl

connection tab lan settings disable proxy

restart sep manager service and then login to console

if above works add sep manager as exception in internet option settings ie proxy setting .

• 5.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 10:15 AM

I have now tried all the suggestions that you guys have made. But it doesnt seem to have solved the issue.

@swapnil no i am not using a proxy.

Below is the error log that was generated when I log into the SEPM console on the localhost:

011-07-06 12:01:12.015 THREAD 47 SEVERE: Invalid SQL query parameter. in: com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.requesthandler.GetRecordHandler
    com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerException: Invalid SQL query parameter.
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.validateId(SqlQueryBuilder.java:1620)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.validate(SqlQueryBuilder.java:1882)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.validateGenericValue(SqlQueryBuilder.java:1849)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.iterateSearchCriteria(SqlQueryBuilder.java:2294)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.createSemClientCount1Query(SqlQueryBuilder.java:1300)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.buildupSqlQuery(SqlQueryBuilder.java:134)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.requesthandler.GetRecordHandler.getSqlQuery(GetRecordHandler.java:146)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.requesthandler.GetRecordHandler.handleRequest(GetRecordHandler.java:104)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.RequestHandler.handleRequest(RequestHandler.java:334)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.RequestHandler.<init>(RequestHandler.java:92)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.servlet.ConsoleServlet.doPost(ConsoleServlet.java:82)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
     at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
     at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
     at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    2011-07-06 12:01:12.028 THREAD 47 WARNING: This parameter should be an ID. [SEARCH_CRITERIA]  [29]  [ebcdemo.com]
    2011-07-06 12:01:12.028 THREAD 47 SEVERE: Invalid SQL query parameter. in: com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.requesthandler.GetObjectHandler
    com.sygate.scm.server.util.ServerException: Invalid SQL query parameter.
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.validateId(SqlQueryBuilder.java:1620)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.validate(SqlQueryBuilder.java:1882)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.validateGenericValue(SqlQueryBuilder.java:1849)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.iterateSearchCriteria(SqlQueryBuilder.java:2294)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.createSemClient1Query(SqlQueryBuilder.java:891)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.util.SqlQueryBuilder.buildupSqlQuery(SqlQueryBuilder.java:108)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.requesthandler.GetObjectHandler.getObject(GetObjectHandler.java:231)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.requesthandler.GetObjectHandler.handleRequest(GetObjectHandler.java:144)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.RequestHandler.handleRequest(RequestHandler.java:334)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.consolemanager.RequestHandler.<init>(RequestHandler.java:92)
     at com.sygate.scm.server.servlet.ConsoleServlet.doPost(ConsoleServlet.java:82)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
     at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
     at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
     at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

does this shed any light as to what might be causing the error?

thanks

• 6.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 10:19 AM

Tell me one thing are you using SQL database? Did you use a existing user in SQL?

Best Regards,

Eládio

• 7.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 10:33 AM

Yes it's a SQL db... I am using windows to authenticate so didnt use a SQL user. as a side note, in case its relevant the credentials used hold domain admin rights.

jack

• 8.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 10:52 AM

Hi, 

A small work around , uninstall the Java and reinstall . Go to Add\remove programs select the symantec endpoint manager , click on change and clickon repair . 

Check it ...

• 9.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 11:19 AM

Put the user in local administrator group, im sure that will work.

• 10.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 12:06 PM

Eladio your confidence is inspiring, but alas no joy.

Which means i have now tried the ODBC fix; Java reinstall, a fresh install of SEPM, group permissions, checked proxy settings. a Registry edit 'fix', editing file permissions where suggested.

This leaves me with IIS possibly being the culprit..

Have any of you any experiance in a solution do to with IIS? im not very familiar with it so abit of detail in the solution would be very helpful.

jack

• 11.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 12:28 PM

Did you put the user and restart the server or restart the sepm services and iisreset ? But i was thinking that you were installing 12.1. See the authentication in IIS. 

• 12.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 12:35 PM

I am installing SEP12.1, however the issue seemed to be a configuration issue rather then anything else so i assumed using the SEP11 troubleshooters would be applicable.

I did the first option u gave eladio, not gone  much near IIS. But i can confirm anonymous authentication is enabled.

• 13.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 06, 2011 12:40 PM

SEP 12.1 dont use IIS just apache.

So did you put the user in local administrator and restart the Symantec Webserver service?

• 14.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 07, 2011 09:27 AM

Ok, yes i have done that now but still nothing.

Given that SEP only uses apache now, is there the possiblityof a conflict due to iis - might be a tenuous link, but im clutching at straws now.

• 15.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 07, 2011 09:47 AM

add authenticated users to Symantec manager folder; make sure the policy is inherited.

enable loggin and check!!

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103687

• 16.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 07, 2011 10:40 AM

Rafeeq, if the user that connect SEPM at BD is in Local Administrator Group, the user have full control in all folders.

If im wrong sorry. 

• 17.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 07, 2011 12:29 PM

So I have tried rafeeq suggestion. whilst im not getting my home monitors and reporting  tabs back. I am getting the following log report from https://localhost:8445/reporting - previously there were no logs coming.

Fatal error: Uncaught <b>Source:</b> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers<br/><b>Description:</b> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.<br>Error code: -2147352567<br>Trace: ##0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Php\Include\Common\ado.php(67)#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Php\Include\Common\connectdb.php(52)#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Login\curl_funcs.php(458)#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Login\curl_funcs.php(101)#4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\Reporting\Login\Login_verify.php(21)#5 {main} thrown in C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Php\Include\Common\connectdb.php on line 56

hope this helps...

Also thanks for the continued help.

• 18.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?

Posted Jul 07, 2011 12:42 PM

run the management server config wizard and also check the odbc

its complaining about log in 

The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.<br>Error code: 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103156&key=56824&actp=LIST

• 19.  RE: Errorcode: 0x10010000 also SEPM console blank for Home, Montiors and reports tab?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2011 06:32 AM

I have now resolved the issue, by switching from windows authentication to SQL authentication for the SQL DB. So very simple im kicking myself.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help.