Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Download of virus definition file from LiveUpdate server failed. 00000001

Posted Jun 09, 2011 08:45 AM

Hi.  I have a problem getting 64bit SAV10.x clients to update. 

My 64 bit clients are configured to update from a shared folder via a UNC path using liveupdate. The path is configured using client groups in SSC.  Access to the shared folder is granted by a domain account which is specified in the SSC Liveupdate policy.

A couple of days ago the domain account password was accidentally changed.  I have modified the policy to reflect the new password and I know it has been picked up by the clients.  However about 20 clients are not able to get updates when they run liveupdate - the error returned is Download of virus definition file from LiveUpdate server failed.  00000001.  If I log onto each client using the acocunt and run liveupdate locally it is fine, it only fails when liveupdate is triggered by the policy set in SSC.

Rebooting a client fixes the problem, but I don't want to have to reboot all 20 clients - they are all servers.  Somewhere there must be a cached password that means liveupdate is still using the old account password, until cleared by the reboot.  Any advice on this please - is this a liveupdate or a Windows problem?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Download of virus definition file from LiveUpdate server failed. 00000001

Posted Jun 09, 2011 12:46 PM

Hi, 

Please check  the link below ,

Error: "Download of virus definition file from LiveUpdate server failed. 00000001" when LiveUpdate runs on a Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition server

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH100067&locale=en_US

• 3.  RE: Download of virus definition file from LiveUpdate server failed. 00000001

Posted Jun 09, 2011 01:02 PM

try restarting all the symantec services..

• 4.  RE: Download of virus definition file from LiveUpdate server failed. 00000001

Posted Jun 16, 2011 11:09 AM

I've tried that without success.  So far the only fix appears to be to restart every affected client server, which isn't a great solution.

• 5.  RE: Download of virus definition file from LiveUpdate server failed. 00000001

Posted Jun 16, 2011 03:54 PM