Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Bootable SERT USB drive. Failure to Lauch EER-0001

Posted Sep 10, 2012 04:49 PM

Hello all,

I've built a bootable USB flash drive to launch SERT. My system boots from the flash drive and begins to load SERT. After a few moments I receive the following error message, "Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Failed to launch. Required file not fount. Program will exit ERR-0001".

I've found a post that said both NBRT.exe and NRT.exe files need to be present in the in the ...\SOURCES\SYMANTEC_NBRT directory and that if one of these files is missing you will get this error. I've mounted the Symantec_Endpoint_Recovery_Tool_2.0.24_AllWin_EN.iso and the SERT ISO does not contain both of these files it only contains the NBRT.exe file. I’ve followed the instructions in the following TID: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH131578

Anyone know what required file they are talking about? I can burn this ISO to disk and it boots just fine.

• 2.  RE: Bootable SERT USB drive. Failure to Lauch EER-0001

Posted Sep 11, 2012 03:13 PM

For anyone that runs into this problem. I was able to get this working.  The only 2 changes I made was to reformatted the flash drive, but this time instead of giving a /quick switch I let it do the full format and I xcopied the files directly from the mounted SERT ISO to the flash drive.